I wanted to break up the typical posts with a little bit of silly information about myself. I thought a 5 things you didn’t know about me type of post would break the ice!
1. I’m afraid of aliens – as a child, I would stay awake hours in bed imagining that aliens would land in our backyard to abduct me. It’s kind of a weird story where I have vague memories of being unsure if I saw an UFO or I was just dreaming. The thought of them still frightens me. I had a tough time getting through the Ancient Aliens TV show!
2. I hate bananas – I don’t think I’ve ever eaten more than one whole banana combined in my life. I hate the taste, I hate the smell. I’ll get those nutrients in other ways, so don’t bother offering me one or trying to convince me to do it. I won’t even eat the banana shaped Runts candies.
3. Long drives alone – I have a love/hate relationship with driving. I’ve done countless trips alone from LA to Vegas when I lived in Las Vegas and now SF to LA! That being said, I am convinced that cars are the best audio devices to enjoy music. I crave the feeling of driving with the windows down, hair blowing in the wind, and the music turned all the way UP!
4. I have a secret crush on Trent Reznor – maybe one of the more embarrassing things I’m willing to admit on here. But we’re all allowed one celebrity crush right? My first year of college, I abused my free color print privileges and printed out about 30 pictures of him to “decorate” my dorm room wall. My roommate was very kind to not say anything, but I feel bad about it now, and know its borderline crazy.
5. I sleep with a pillow on top of my head – yes, you read that right. I typically cannot fall asleep unless I have the weight of another pillow over my head. I’m a very light sleeper and I think the pillow blocks out light and sound, but something about it being there makes me feel more comfortable. When I was little I always slept with the blanket over my head, and I think this was just the carryover effect as an adult.
Well that was a whole lot of TMI! 🙂 Hope you’re wrapping up your week nicely – I have been a busy bee over here with work projects and because I’m a masochist, getting a second part-time job! More on that another time. Feel free to share your sympathies in the comments about my not-so-secret anymore secrets! 🙂